SBS Long Range Threat Identification Sonar
The Split Beam Sonar (SBS) Long Range Threat Identification System is an underwater security system designed to identify divers, UUVs and nuisance targets at long range, and is comprised of a top-side control unit and one or more scanning Split Beam Sonar (SBS) sensors.
The system has two operational modes: it can be programmed to scan a specific waterside environment sector, “searching” for potential threats, or it can be programmed to automatically “slew-to-cue,” and focus on, track and further classify targets detected by wide area coverage multibeam diver detection systems.
- Patented “networked sonar” technology features BioSonics Split Beam Sonar technology providing enhanced behavioral and signal processing target classification capabilities
- Enhanced target classification minimizes Nuisance Alarm Rate (NAR)
- Automatically generates real-time user selectable alerts:
- Range to Target
- Bearing to Target
- Speed of Target
- Target Track Heading
- Latitude, Longitude of Target
- Target Depth-below-surface
- Sensor Alert Time Stamp
- Confidence Level