SBS Acoustic Curtain Tripwire System
The Split Beam Sonar (SBS) Acoustic Curtain Tripwire is an underwater threat detection system designed for nuclear power plant cooling water intakes or similar points of underwater access to critical facilities.
A network of strategically placed active sonar sensors are arranged to create an “acoustic curtain” providing full coverage of the vertical and horizontal structure opening.
The system automatically detects, tracks and classifies divers and UUVs approaching the protected asset and alerts security personnel of the potential threat.
- Patented “networked sonar” acoustic curtain technology provides full water column coverage and extremely high Probability of Detection (POD)
- Split Beam Sonar target detection and classification technology minimizes Nuisance Alarm Rate (NAR)
- Automatically generates real-time user selectable alerts and daily target detection reports
- Determines the size, location, speed and direction of travel for every target detected
- Optional integration with underwater imaging systems for target ID verification
- Automatically trigger deterrent or interdiction systems
- Heavy-duty solid urethane transducers and underwater cabling